|Full name: Le Van Phuc (male)
Date of birth:May 5st, 1984
Marital status: Single
Address: Room 3.02C – C5-Apartment Building, Man Thien Street, Tang Nhon Phu A ward, District 9, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
1) EDUCATION AND TRAINING
|09/2002-09/2007||University of Transport and Communications (UTC2), Vietnam Academic Course, Civil Engineering, Major in Bridges and Highways Engineering|
|03/2012-08/2016||Master & PhD (Pavement and highway Engineering), Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Sejong University, Korea Ph.D. thesis “Development of an Asphalt Overlay Design Scheme Based on Mechanistic-Empirical Approach”|
|09/2016- Present||Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Sejong University, Korea|
2) PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES
|09/2007-08/2008||I have worked as a Quality Assurance specialist at Ho Chi Minh City Department of Transportation.|
|10/2009-09/2016||Lecturer, Department of Civil Engineering, Lac Hong University|
|09/2016-Present||Teaching for Master and Ph.D student at Department of Civil Engineering, Sejong University, Korea
3) LIST PUBLICATIONS:
Kim, W.J., Le, Van Phuc, Lee, H.J., and Flores, J. (2016). “Evaluation of different approaches in establishing asphalt pavement pay factors based on developed performance models”. (In prepared)
Kim, W.J., Le, Van Phuc, Lee, H.J., and Phan, H.T. (2016). “Calibration and Validation of a Rutting Model based on Shear Stress to Strength Ratio for Asphalt Pavements”. Journal of Material in Civil Engineering (ASCE). (under review).
Le, Van Phuc, Lee, H., Flores, J., Kim, W., and Baek, J. (2016). “New Approach to Construct Master Curve of Damaged Asphalt Concrete Based on Falling Weight
Deflectometer Back-Calculated Moduli”. Journal of Transportation Engineering (ASCE). http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)TE.1943-5436.0000881.
Le, Van Phuc, Lee, H., Flores, and Baek, J, and Hee Mun Park (2016). “Development of a simple asphalt concrete overlay design scheme based on mechanistic–empirical approach” Journal of Road Materials and Pavement Design. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14680629.2016.1182059.
Sung Ho Choi, Won Jea Kim, Van Phuc Le, Hyun Jong Lee, Sung Do Hwang (2014). “Moisture Damage Evaluation of Asphalt Mixtures depending on the Types of Anti-Stripping Agent”. International Journal of Highway Engineering. https://doi.org/10.7855/IJHE.2014.16.4.045.
Park, Hee Mun; Choi, Ji Young; Kim, Tae Woo; Ahn, Young Jun; Le, Van Phuc (2013). “Evaluation of Mechanical Characteristics of Castor Oil Based Bio-Polymer Concretes for Ultra-Thin Overlays”. International Journal of Highway Engineering. 10.7855/IJHE.2013.15.2.039.
International CONFERENCE PAPER:
Julius Marvin Flores, Le, Van Phuc, Park, Ch.K., and Lee, H.J. (2017). “A frequency temperature correction model for FWD backcalculated moduli based on frequency-temperature superposition principle” 10th International Conference on the Bearing Capacity of Roads, Railways and Airfields (BCRRA 2017), Athens, Greece.
Kim, W., Lee, H.J., Le, Van Phuc, Julius Marvin Flores, Baek, J, and Kim, T. (2017) “Development of a simple asphalt overlay design program considering existing pavement condition, pavement life and pavement distresses in seoul city”. 2017 International Conference on Maintenance and Rehabilitation of Constructed Infrastructure Facilities, Seoul, Korea.
Van Phuc Le, Hyun Jong Lee, Julius Marvin Flores, Won Kim, Jongeun Baek (2016). Approach to Establish Dynamic Modulus Curve of Damage Asphalt Concrete Using Falling-Weight Deflectometer Backcalculated Moduli. TRB Annual Meeting 2016, Washington DC, US.
Van Phuc Le, Hyun Jong Lee, Hee Mun Park, Julius Marvin Flores, Sangyum Lee (2015). “Formulation of a thickness design equation for asphalt overlay using MEPDG program”. Bituminous Mixtures & Pavements VI. 2015 Taylor & Francis Group, London, ISBN 978-1-138-02866-1.
KOREA CONFERENCE PAPER:
Kim W. J., H. J. Lee, Le Van Phuc, Phan Huy Thien, Lee, W., Kim T.W (2016). “Development of Permanent Deformation Model Based on Shear Properties”. Korean Society of Road Engineers.
Park Ch.K., H. J. Lee, Kim, W.J., Kim, K., and Le Van Phuc (2016). “Analysis of Cold Mix Asphalt Using Non-Cement”. Korean Society of Road Engineers.
Park K., Le Van Phuc, Kim, W.J, H. J. Lee. (2015). “Development of Asphalt Catalogues Design Using MEPDG Program”. Korean Society of Road Engineers.
Park Ch.K., H. J. Lee, Le Van Phuc, Julius Marvin, Kim, T.W., and (2015). “Development of Asphalt Overlay Pavement Approach Based on MEPDG”. Korean Society of Road Engineers.
4) AWARDS IN STUDYING
- Scientific Research in 2007 with the topic: Analyzing and evaluating the double factor α in formula of elastic modulus by Benkelman Beam under Standard 22-TCN-251-98.
- Having won the Prize for the award ‘Scientific Research Students’ 2007.
- Having obtained the first second Prize for the award ‘Scientific Research Academic Year 2007.
- Having obtained the Encouragement Prize in the contest of National Mechanic Olympiad in 2007 at Subject of Soil Mechanics.
- Having obtained the Encouragement Prize in the contest of National Mechanic Olympiad in 2005 at Subject of Hydraulics.
- Having obtained the second prize of Master Student at Mathematics Academic Year 2003.
5) RESEARCH INTERESTS
Some research directions concerning Mathematics-Empirical Design include:.
- Design and Analysis Pavement Using Mathematics-Empirical Approach.
- Modeling of Asphalt Concrete ( Rutting, Cracking)
- Asphalt Pavement Management System
6) TEACHING ACTIVITIES
- Design and Analysis Pavement
- Viscoelastic Material
- Theory of Asphalt Concrete
- Specific Topic in Pavement Engineeing
- Pavement Management System.
- Soil Mechanics.
- Foundation Designs
Guiding students on:
- Scientific research.
- Training on site; Training of graduation
- Completing graduation project
7) SHORT COURSES
|Jun 2008||Certificate of Pedagogic professional training|
|Feb 2009||Certification of knowledge improvement of construction supervision.|
|Sep 2009||Sep 2009|
8) PERSONALITY, ABILITY
- Being honest, reliable, and responsible
- Working hard and being able to work at high pressure and intensity
- Being able to work in group or individually
- Being able to read and write quite well, including academic reading-writing way. Strong point and passion also are logical subjects in general and Mathematics-Informatics-Mechanics in particular. Therefore, being enthusiastic and suitable to research.
- Reading (all genres, especially science fiction, cosmos discovery, thriller, and astrology), surfing internet
- Music (especially instrumental, classical, and country music)
- Sports (Ping-pong, Badminton, Swimming, Football, Billiards….)
- Community activities.